Monday, February 15, 2010

Introduction to an Ordinary Catholic

Intoducing... myself.
Tonight, I am beginning a project I have wanted to begin for years. I want to write. I love to write. I like to think I write from the heart. Conversational. Revealing. Raw and real. Just thoughts from a real person living in the real world.

I am first and foremost a Catholic woman. I am an ordinary Catholic, not a superstar, just pursuing Godliness and wishing to be holy. I am deeply emersed in my faith in God and my faith in the Church. I love the Catholic Church and I am grateful that Jesus left it behind, even in all of its human misfailings. The Catholic Church remains today, the face of Christ, solid and alive, but terribly misunderstood, and I cherish how beautifully the Church celebrates life on earth. I am a wife, mother to five earthly children and three heavenly souls.

I have struck up friendships through my prayer life with many saints, but concentrate now, mostly on my relationship with St. Teresa of Avila, to guide me in my writings through her intercessory prayer for me. She was an exceptional woman, and one who can help guide us all into deeper knowledge of ourselves, as we move closer toward union with God.

I have discovered recently that I have lost my passion for many things, but have gained new ones. Within this blog, I hope to revisit some of my passions, and share my thoughts as I continue to journey in this life, magnetically and spiritually drawn toward the next: My eternity with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment